Monday 4th of March

Last week was a slow week due to just starting to get back into the unit after having my presentation and feedback last monday. I spent Friday in London at the knitting and stitching show and also going to the Tate and catching up with a friend. Saturday and Sunday were spent recovering after the long day in London so the weekend was a bit of a write off. However during last week I went to the freelance talk which was really inspiring and insightful into the world of freelance, and basically told me that no one really knows what they're doing, to start you just have to fuck it and sign the contract and learn as you go along. I was also really helpful to learn about singing contracts and getting recognition to your work and in your namer if you just wanted to give it all up as well as payment (you can get advanced payments sometimes if income won't be for a while).

Work wise I gathered more stuff to take photos of and printed them all out for this week to start drawing and collaging and started my sketchbook.  I found a really lovely quote on the back of a book (A to Z Designs for kids to kidults) which reads: "play is essential to all. Stimulating and amusing at once, it encourages participants to open up and learn, burying themselves in the joy of social interaction and dreams."Which I thought really nicely sums up the direction I want this project to go.
I am going to try and collage in the way Teresa and Sally said in last weeks tutorial by using cut paper and textures alongside using lino/other methods to generate texture alongside keeping my playful side and adding fun things.

In this weeks 1-1 tutorial, I didn't have too much to take for her to look at. We mainly discussed the future and the direction of my practice after university. And to keep researching into where I see myself going so looking into arts for health, further research into workshops potentially and she has asked me to find at least one thing each week in relation and keep track of it all in a folder. We also briefly discussed that I have the three weeks after hand in to keep working on my forms for degree show which is a good idea to consider when time planning.

This week I plan to generate a body of A1 drawings and to keep plugging at sketchbook work working on ideas and concepts. And also have a good day Sunday of researching.

Comments