Catching up!

This past week has been mainly focused on designing for the self initiated brief. Tracing over a lot of the elements from my drawings and scanning them into to create motifs. I've actually had a lot of fun designing this collection. Having to carefully place each motif to ensure there won't be too much going on when I apply textures after. After speaking to my tutor in our one to one, she gave me a lot of helpful advice for the collection. My original plan was to have them all printed onto fabric and embellished but she assured me that as long as I show how I plan to have the finished design that, that would be enough, with the exception of a few complete designs onto fabric as I would be setting myself too much work to do in a short time scale. She also reminded me that not only do I need to think about the from of the designs but also take into consideration the back of the cushions. This meant that not only was I needing to create 10 digital designs I was also needing to create 10 backs that would go with the front. I am running a little over my schedule that I had planned to ensure I can focus enough time on the live brief but I think my main focus is on the self initiated brief. I am really enjoying focusing on what I want to focus on, something that really shows through my personality.  I am aware that the designs don't translate well from my drawings and there is a clear stay change but as  tested using my drawings onto fabric and personally it didn't show well what I aim the outcome for this unit to be. Here are a few of my favourite designs so far (without embellishment):
1) Front & Back of design 1

2) Front & back of design 2





Comments