Week 6!

This week I've really been struggling understanding my work and where I seem to be going so wrong within this project. After my tutorial I realised that I haven't done nearly enough research that I should've done earlier on in the unit. she gave me some really helpful tips and artists to look further into. One of these was simple Scandinavian print designs, looking at Marimekko and Lucienne Day I realised that not every print needs to be crowded with motifs, which will be something I consider when I start designing. I still need to  broaden my research but I'm starting to like the idea of having the simple Scandinavian style but with my own twist by incorporating abstract/geometric shapes into the prints along side. I think this will help me like my own work more by adding my own personal style.
This week I am going to continue drawing and collaging to further develop my work. I also need to start to consider the context of my work and visualise where I see my designs being used. Within my practise I really like having loads of bright vibrant colours. I really see my work being owned by young adolescents who enjoy having colour around their homes as much as I do. My designs are generally quite loud and playful, so I imagine that people with similar traits will enjoy my work most.
I know that I want to work within interior pattern design and my tutor gave me the idea to consider placemats and work to the size that my designs would be applied too. I really like the idea of having something structured where I can apply my work so I bought a placemat which can be used using the sublimation process to use as one of my final pieces.


Comments