Two Group Crit!

So today was our two tutor group review, not only did I find it very helpful to be given feedback about my work. It was also really interesting to see some of the mixed media work and how differently they approach the start of their project. I find these crits really inspiring as it gives a complete different persons perspective on your work, it also really kick starts my motivation to want to do more.
What I mainly got from my feedback was that I just need more of everything, especially images of geometric refernces and images that also show more of my colour pallet. They noted that I do have a lot of drawing but I just need more research on how I got to that point. I also found by looking at everyone else's work that I need to develop my initial drawings more by producing more collages and also consider making thumbnails with how they could work in my prints.
More in the feedback they state I should to start thinking about how I can be more experimental with my work, by introducing different medias. I need to start thinking about the materials I want to use to print before I start thinking experimental as I want to know how sturdy the fabric is going to be before I commit to adding heavy materials and structures on top, so this is definitely something to consider this week before my next review.

Comments