Intentions Unit Summer Work!

Our theme for this next unit is Floral Geometric and over the summer holidays we were asked to produce a sketchbook full of drawing and visual research along with a file full of artist research in response to the theme. After traveling around in Southeast Asia for two months at the start of the holidays you can probably imagine how my visual research was starting to look very tropical! Once I had got home I had the chance to go to Burton Agnes Hall which has many walled gardens full of flowers which had bloomed which meant my sketchbook was starting to look more floral! I had really enjoyed drawing up some of the flowers and leafs that had caught my eye over summer and playing around with colour and composition in my sketchbook. One thing that has been lacking with my work has been the geometric side of the project but it is something that I'm working on and plan to do a lot more of in my sketchbook, trying to focus in on grids and shapes.



Comments