Sampling Unit Evaluation



Within this unit, I was expecting to produce a large body of work that continued throughout my 100 objects and development work. However, as I started I felt as though my motifs that I had originally picked were random and did not quite accompany one another. I had started to develop my screen prints and digital carrying on, but as I got further in I realised that I was producing work that I found uncomfortable creating and things I did not find visually attractive.

I regret not putting more thought into the materials I chose to use, if I could re do this unit I would use softer fabrics, such as cotton poplin or quilt cotton especially as my final collection is something you would see in children’s bedrooms.

Although I have struggled to produce work I like in this unit, I have enjoyed learning new techniques and processes especially the digital sessions, I have found that this is something I will find useful in my years at university to come. I have preferred working with the digital side in print in this unit, there is such a difference in quality and confidence compared to my screen prints. They show a side of my personality, which is childlike as well as fun. Whereas in comparison to my digital work, my screen prints are much weaker and not working well together as a whole. I have learnt that in the future, I need to spend more time planning rather than just diving right in; I know my work would benefit from this, which is something I am definitely going to take with me to the next unit.

 

Overall I have felt as though I have produced a strong body of work that is minimal, cute and quirky which really represents what I wanted my final outcome of this unit to be. 

 



Comments