Unit Origins Evaluation

For this unit I set out to achieve a good understanding of each area, being inducted on the machines and also attending every lesson timetabled alongside coming in on self-study days where I was able to book onto the machines, which I accomplished with a large body of work to show for it. I have really enjoyed the past ten weeks sampling and gaining knowledge of each area at a basic level. I feel as I got further on into the unit I started to get to grips with where I was, thus showing in my work as in my opinion my work from weave which was my first rotation compared to my samples in print show such a difference in confidence and quality. I found that weave is definitely my weakest area from this unit compared to the rest, which I found to be surprising as in the past I have been drawn to its structure and technique.
I found that I struggled to make connections through visual research and our drawings from induction week in the rotations knit and weave, especially for knit we were limited to colour choices and techniques whereas in comparison to print and embroidery they were based around the theme spots and stripes so I could use my drawings as inspiration and a guideline to my work.

My work from print is definitely my favorite especially the sublimation prints that we designed on Photoshop, they represent my personality the most out of all of my work for their colourful and fun designs.

Comments